Thursday, April 24, 2008

quick update

I've been a little slow to update this blog, as I've been distracted by a number of things, but I thought I would drop in a quick update and an announcement.

First, the announcement. My band, Memory Selector, is playing a show next Saturday, May 3rd at Intermedia Arts in Minneapolis. The show will be a part of Bent Festival, a three day long festival centered around circuit bending. If you don't know what circuit bending is, then thats all the more reason to come check it out!



Below is the latest version of the tattoo design. I have added some detail to the eye, and have made the edges of the polygons more pronounced. I was originally trying to create a 3D effect with shadows, making each polygon appear to be below the polygon containing it. The result almost looks like beveled glass... perhaps I will go for more of a stained glass appearance. This is still developing.

I've been working on some techniques for making flames, which are kind of a pain in the ass. That might take some doing, as I am no design pro. But I have a few ideas, we'll see.

1 comment:

Katherine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.